Enquiry answering service contact details:
How to help us to help you:
A guideline of questions for different types of medicines information enquiries is available.
- Please supply your contact details:
- Full name
- Place of work
- Telephone number / e-mail address
- Is the enquiry patient or practice related?
- If your enquiry is patient-related, please supply:
- Patient details i.e. current treatment, diagnosis, any other relevant medical conditions and history
- Prescriber's details:
- Who initiated treatment,
- Is there a shared-care protocol in place?
- Tell us how soon you want the information:
If a literature search is involved, please allow at least a week for us to find and obtain the references and to evaluate the information.
- Check basic sources:
- If you are emailing us please put 'MI enquiry' in the subject box.
Why use the Medicines Information Service?
- Promotion of the safer, more effective and economical use of medicines.
- Improvement of advisory role in relation to prescribing and patient counselling.
- Help to optimise drug use in relation to patient care.
- Enhancement of advice to other healthcare professionals and patients.
- Assistance with decision-making about funding issues, budgetary planning and prescribing guidelines.